Saturday, September 26, 2009

Clue 4

1. Who is someone that I admire? I'm 100% sure that no matter who they are, people have at least one person that they admire. The person I admire is person who have gone through all the pains and conflict not only for himself, but for the others who suffer. That Person is Gandhi. He might not be as strong as others, but he has devoted his life time for the others. He has suggested the idea of non-violence, and saved thousands of people and spread the idea and will of freedom all over the India. Even though I did not actually meet him, I admire him for his work and positive influence he made to this world. I especially admire his act of devotion, love, sacrifice, and caring to his people and to this world.



1. There are always clues and evidence in the story that leads us to the theme of the story. That’s why we are able to figure out the theme of the story simply by analyzing the plot. We know that theme is something that the author is using to communicate his idea or opinion to this world. I think that setting often tells us about the theme most. For example, if the setting of a story is something like a battlefield or a country at war, you should be able to briefly tell that theme is going to be something about the human right, death, etc. Author should be able to tell us how the character is related to the theme using components such as their personality, and character traits. Characters are one of the main factors that help us to identify the clue.

2. It is pretty obvious that every single component leave clues about the theme or the moral of the story. I believe that the main characters of the story shape the theme with their action and ideas. If there are no characters in the story, there won't be any story. Because characters help us define the story itself. Also, there without characters, there would be no themes, ideas, or morals without a character, because those ideas aren't physical and without character's personal opinion or thought, it would be impossible for us to define the exact theme or the moral of the story.

3. I think that the strongest settings I have encountered in my own life were United States. Even though I wasn't very familiar in the first place, I think that place has made a most impact on my life. In my personal opinion, if God did exist, he has sent me to America on Purposes, because I was able to come to TCIS because I have lived in America and learned about their culture and their language there. Therefore, I was able to learn about the Christian’s perspective at TCIS. In other word, God led me to this school.

No comments:

Post a Comment