Sunday, August 23, 2009

Personal Connection 'Marigolds'

Collier mentions that she only remembers part of her childhood. I also sometimes remember the scene of the exact moment, just like a photo. I mostly cannot remember the full story of my childhood.

Collier mentions that lizabeth had a brother who was very playful and enthusiastic. I also have a younger sister who enjoys playing outside and to do dangerous stuff.

Collier metions that lizabeth had always gone to special spot which was under the great oak tree in our yard. I also had enjoyed going under the trees that was at my backyard, and spent my time reading and playing with my friends there.

Collier mentions that lizabeth and his friends were always scared and made fun of lottie who was a town outcast. We also have avoided scary and stubborn looking people when we were playing outside.

Collier mentions that Lottie had something that everyone considered beautiful on her backyard. It was Marigold. When I was 2nd grade, i also enjoyed planting tulips and herbs at my yard giving them water and watching them grow everytime.

Collier mentions that Lizabeth had thrown a pebble at lottie's marigold because her friends forced her to. I also have done something that was not right due to peer pressure when i was young.

Collier mentions that Lizabeth and her friends were proud of what they did at the lottie's garden. When I was young, me and my friends used to go to out neighbor's house and shoot watergun at their windows. Even though we knew that it was a wrong thing to do, we felt so proud and exciting after.

Collier metions that Lizabeth had secretly heard her parent's conversation pretending that she was sleeping. I also have overheard my parents arguing about something when i was young even though i didnt exactly know what they were talking about.

Collier mentions that Lizabeth had escaped the house without her parents knowing during night. Few years ago, i also have escaped the house through windows during night, because i was upset and wanted to be alone at some place with no one bothering me.

Collier mentions that Lizabeth couldn't control her anger and started destryoing the flowers that lottie cared. Even though she has done that on purpose, lottie forgave her because she knew that lizabeth has been emotionally damaged. I also once was upset and damaged someone else's property. but he forgave me because he knew that i was in trouble.

1 comment: