Book Connection : The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas
I read the book called 'The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas', and made a connection to myself with the main character of the stoy, 'Bruno'. He moves near the concentration camp due to his father's promotion who is a Nazi officer. He later realizes that concentration camps were where Germans had jailed the Jews, he tries to help the people in the concentration camp. I would say this has happened to me once too. One day, Me and my family had gone out to L.A Downtown to shop and eat Lunch, when we visited the restaurant, I saw a very strange looking guy. Homeless person. He was looking for something edible inside the trashcan digging out all the trash people threw away. The scene was so vivid and shocking, I felt both disgusting and pitiful toward the homeless man. When I asked my dad who he was, and what he was doing, he suggested me not to go near him. But unlike my dad, my mom took out a five dollar bills out of her wallet and gave it to me saying, " I hope this is going to help him". I was first afraid that he might mistreat me. But few minutes later, I ran out of the restaraunt, hoping that this five dollar will make his day hopefull. But he was gone. I searched for him for about five minutes, but there was no sign of him.
I think that both Bruno and me had a compassion toward the others who weren't as blessed we were and tried to help them. Even though both of us weren't succesful at what we were trying to do, I say that the motivation itself was very important and thoughtful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment