Thursday, August 27, 2009

Clue 2

Bible: John 1:1-18 (New International Version)

I would say that this is the rising action of Christ's life. In this bible verse, they suggest that Jesus is equivalent to God, because he is a son of God, and that he has also been part of the creation of the world. In this bible verse, John explained to his people that Jesus was the light. But he wasn't. Even though he came down to this world to take care of us and forgive us for what we did, most of us did not accept him for what he was and ignored him. But few people who believed in Christ accepted him as their light, understanding and following god, recieving eternity and salvation from him. All these details that I have summarized from this bible verse explains that even though he has come to save us, he has been rejected by the world, and he teaches about god to few people who has accepted him as a son of god. In my opinion, John tried to explain how Jesus was the solution to our problem(sin). Therefore, I think that this verse is about the rising action of the Christ's life.

CLIMAX
Events ----->CLIMAX------>Events
Events Events
Events Events
RISING ACTION FALLING ACTION
Events Events
Events Events
Exposition Resolution


1. Exposition is the part where the story starts. They tell us all the facts that we need to know to understand the story such as character, setting, and the brief explanation about the main conflict they are going to face later. In rising actions, the conflicts in the story gets bigger and bigger which automatically leads to the climax where the argument becomes the conflict. This point it is more likely that the protagonist of the story might change internally, and make a diffucult choice. In falling actions, all the problems are solved and things starts to get back to its normal life. and lastly, resolution is the ending of the story which concludes the final statement of the story.

2. Stories need to be structured. It is not only to make things nice, but it is also to make the stories clear so readers can actually understand the situation. first, opening of the story, which is the exposition need to be brief and interesting so reader will draw their attention about what is going on. In the climax, the conflicts and the conflicts and problems should be at the peak with lots of exciting events. Falling action is where the author concludes reasonable ending or some clues for the next story. If the stories aren't structured into parts that i have mentioned before, there will be a huge confusion. If the stories end at the middle of the excitement, it will dissapoint the readers, and even make them unclear about the ending. people seem to be more confident when they have better understanding at something than to have no clue about what is going on. So if you make the story you wrote unclear, the whole thing will be a big mess and a failure.

3. To be honest, I did not expect or predict to see something exciting to happen from the start. I had no clear idea about what this story was about the first time i read it. So I had to read it again. The second time, I thought i was gaining some kind of theme of this story which i thought appeared the most at the climax when Lizabeth deliberately hurts Lottie. When she saw that lottie was standing next to her and felt the compassion, she knew she wasn't innocnet anymore. I say that what I realized the most when I have analyzed and reread the story using the structure of the plot graph, is about how she realized the meaning of compassion and knew that she has lost her innocence forever.

4. I think that theme of the story is that losing innocence and learning and feeling what compassion is the turning point of the child to an adult. Once you learn what compassion toward others and to yourself is, you will become mature, but your innoncence will be gone forever. Children tends to be less thoughtfull then the elders, they are to do something that others consider rude and pointless. Innocence not only means pre-mature, but it can also mean not being able to understand the other's thought, idea. So you probably won't be able to have both innocence and Compassion at the same time. I think that structure of the plot graph has shown a clear change from Lizabeth being a innocent child to an adult with compassion at the climax of the story. She was upset and destroyed what lottie considered beautiful and important. After she has destroyed the marigold, she realizes that she has done something wrong and gain compassion toward Lottie. I think this was the climax and the theme of the story since it was one of the biggest conflict and event that have occured in this story; You will gain compassion when you lose the innocence.

No comments:

Post a Comment